Enjoy Bible Study
Children _ Children
Children _ Children _ Children
CHILDREN'S BIBLE STUDY
This material supports studies given in New Testament and uses
the New King James text. It is currently designed to minister to children ages 1st through 6th grades, but could easily be
adapted through the Jr. High age.
The curriculum is designed as a verse by verse approach of studying
the Bible with children.
* There are 162 studies from the New Testament.
a. These studies are from Matthew through
* This curriculum supports the lessons which have been clearly
thought out and prepared for during the week by the teacher (using an inductive form of study).
* This curriculum has been designed to use the Bible as the
primary text of study. This curriculum will not work without using the Bible alongside it in class.
* Each page is designed to support specific areas during class
a. The colouring page and the activity page can be used during the signing-in or signing-out times.
b. The study
page can be used as a reinforcement of the story time.
c. A memory verse is included in each lesson.
* Each study is broken into two separate age groups.
The 1st and 2nd grade pages are indicated by a 1/2 on the bottom of the study page and the activity page.
b. The 3rd through
6th grade pages are indicated by a 3/6 on the bottom of the study page and the activity page.
c. The colouring page can
be used for any age.
* Each week you will need to photocopy the Bible study page
you use in class.
The curriculum is
not designed to be a graded test.
a. We want to encourage the children, not discourage them.
* It is not designed to lead a teacher through an entire class
time, rather to support the teacher in the class for the time that he or she prepared during the week.
a. There is no lesson
planner. (It is important to do an inductive study)
EXAMPLE OF A CLASS STRUCTURE
you find out what works best for you,
you might want to make some changes
A. The Greeting
1. Important time for parent/teacher relationship
This is a time where the parent is looking at the environment of the classroom
b.In control, out of control, warm &
loving, cold etc.
2. A time to let the incoming child know that he or she is welcome and important to the class
Introduction Activity (Use 1 or more as time permits.)
3. Crossword Puzzle
1. Prayer Requests
D. Worship Time
1. Include children's worship songs
2. Sing some adult level
E. Bible Time
1. Read directly from God's Word
a. You may want the children to read (Call only
2. Retell the story visually (Using 1 or more of the following)
a. Flannelgraph or Flash Cards
Puppets or Drama
c. Filmstrip or Video
3. Do Bible study pages
4. Use the inductive
a. Find out what it says (Using Bible Study Handout)
b. Find out what the facts mean
c. Find out personal
F. Memory Verse
G. Closing Activity
1. Games which reinforce the Bible story
H. Sign-Out Time
1. This time is again important for parent/teacher relationship
parent looks at the classroom environment and assumes that the present situation
has been the environment all class long
Try to say good-bye to each child individually