Children's Church Steps
Enjoy Steps Of Teaching
Children _ Children
_ Children _ Children
WHAT DOES THE PASSAGE SAY?
- List the facts (the outstanding facts)
- Do not get spiritual - just facts
- Do not look into it for some application to life
- Read the passage thoroughly
- You will probably need to read it several times
- The main subject
- Who is being spoken to
- Make a list of these facts
WHAT DOES THE PASSAGE MEAN?
- What do those facts mean?
- Find lessons from each one of those facts
- What would you want it to mean to your child, your husband or wife,
- Why were those facts recorded?
- Do they mean something other than historical facts
- What are the people doing that I should do? That I should not do?
- Is there something that we can learn for our daily life through
- Look for the lessons you can learn from these facts.
there an example
command I/we should follow?
I/we should forsake?
I/we should avoid?
I/we should obey?
- Pray about the answers
WHAT DOES THE PASSAGE MEAN TO ME?
- In answering "What does it mean to me?", go back to Step#2, re-read the lessons, and put
them in the form of a question that you would ask yourself.
- In answering this question, very often, you begin to hear the voice of God speaking to you
through the passage